Monday, November 7, 2011

Fall Fun

Since Arielle and I are both semi employed and our schedules don't mesh well anymore and we lost Joy to the great BR and her big girl job, we have lost a bit of momentum.  However, we still cook, we still eat, and we still adventure...just less often.  The past two weekends, I made the Southern Living fall pumpkin cakes they had in the fall 2009 issue.  I've found that people who like pumpkin are far few and in between, so not many people eat my pumpkins.  But, those who actually like pumpkin LOVE these cakes.  I'm not going to type the recipe for a number of reasons.  1. It's not mine, my family's, or Arielle's.  2. I don't feel like typing it.  and 3. you can probably find it in Southern Living's archives.

I have decided that if I am ever to make these stupid pumpkins (that are only loved by a small portion of the population) again I need to invest in another pan.  The pumpkins are cute and yummy, but time consuming to make.  I was in Mississippi visiting my boyfriend and to go to his family's annual Herring Gas Company bike party.  I enlisted his help cutting caramel leaves to no avail.  He kept eating the caramel.  It's ok though, we finally finished and went to McComb to have Mexican for dinner. 


I finished the cakes the next morning and we went to the party.  Mr. Ed made these really, really, really good pheasant and bacon kabob things.  Oh man!  They rolled the pheasant around some pepper jack cheese, wrapped it in bacon, then skewered them surrounded by bell peppers, onions and tomatoes.  WAS SO GOOD!  I just kept eating them.  Josh and I must have split at least 4 between us.  I went to the grill and ate the remaining tomatoes and bacon stuck to it.  YUM!   Mr. Ed and I joked about having a whole pig on his huge grill next time.  Pork is good!

Josh and I had to go on a beer and water run during the soiree.  We went to a small convenience store where they gave us a bag that encouraged BUYING LOCAL!  Love it when people understand that concept.  Don't forget to BUY LOCAL! 

No comments:

Post a Comment