Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Red Velvet

Today I had my first interview for a big girl job, finally.  Sad to say it didn't go so well, but I'll survive.  I also got some other bad news about a language grant.  Needless to say, bad day. Still unemployed, still eating anyway.
Arielle was there to save me!  We had a picnic in city park.  Lebna and pita from Mona's on Banks, some cokes (she drank pepsi and I had coke), genoa salami, and homemade RED VELVET CUP CAKES!  They were amazing, if I do say so myself.  Here's the recipe!

1 box of either white or yellow cake mix
4 eggs
1 cup buttermilk
1 box instant chocolate pudding
2oz vinegar
1 tblsp baking soda
1 small bottle of red food coloring
and whatever oil and water the box of cake mix calls for


Make sure your eggs are room temperature before you start mixing!!!
Combine dry ingredients.  Mix in (ROOM TEMPERATURE) eggs, oil and water.  In a separate small bowl mix vinegar and baking soda together then mix into cake batter. Add food coloring and bake in a 375 degree oven for about 20minutes.  Adjust that time as necessary. Let cool and ice with your favorite cream cheese icing.  We were lazy today and used store bought icing. Still yummy!


Commence the writing of letters to my Congressmen about this grant, the economic effects on recent college grads, and the brain drain that afflicts the state of Louisiana...oh boy!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to here the interview didn't go well, but a picnic in the park with cupcakes soothes the hurt.

    ReplyDelete